Auto Body Technology
Length: 1 or 2 years
Credit: .5 Technical English, 2.5 Occupational Elective
Location: Tri-Tech Skills Center
Description: If you enjoy working on cars, and like the satisfaction of making a vehicle look new again, this program may be for you. While learning to repair today’s high-tech vehicles, you will gain the skills required to work in the automotive collision repair industry. The program includes use of professional training materials to meet National Automotive Technical Education Foundation (NATEF) requirements and standards to earn related certifications. In this program you will:
- Restore and refinish automobiles, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Use modern welding, sanding, masking, painting, and creative airbrushing procedures.
- Create custom modifications using artistic design elements.
- Collision Repair Technician
- Custom Car Builder
- Automotive Detailer
- SP2 Safety
- Ariel Lift Operator certification
College credits available: 21 college credits
Year-long course must be completed to be eligible for Technical English credit.