*This is a new program debuting in the fall of 2023
Length: 1 or 2 years
Credit: .5 Technical English, 1.0 Math, 1.0 Science, .5 Occupational Elective (pending approval)
Location: Tri-Tech Skills Center
Description: This program provides a head start on a career in the high demand heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) industry. You will learn and apply basic electrical theory, motors and controls, refrigeration theory, gas and electric furnace troubleshooting, air conditioner and refrigeration system troubleshooting, heat pump troubleshooting, and computer based digital controls. Program completers will be prepared for entry-level positions to a rewarding career that is fast paced, challenging, and requires an independent mindset. In this program you will:
- Learn the basics related to installation, service and maintenance of furnaces, air conditioners and refrigeration systems.
- Learn about basic HVAC/R systems, electricity, heating, gas and oil codes, load calculations, cooling, refrigeration, duct design and troubleshooting.
- Learn about the variety of job opportunities working with HVAC/R systems in homes, office buildings, schools, factories, hospitals—and even airplanes and cars.
- HVAC-R Technician
- Industrial Maintenance & Repair
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- OSHA 10
- Forklift and Ariel Lift Operator
- First Aid/CPR
College credits available: 3
Year-long course must be completed to be eligible for the Technical English, Math, or Science credit.