Length: 1 or 2 years
Credit: .5 Technical English, 1.0 Lab Science, 1.0 Visual Art, .0 Occupational Elective
Location: Victoria’s Academy of Cosmetology 23 W 1st Ave, Kennewick
Sessions: AM 8-10:30am PM Noon-3:00pm
Description: Are you a trendsetter? The cosmetology program will teach you the technical skills you need as well as the professional skills you need for a successful career in the industry. Licensing requirements consist of theory and practical application of theory. Instruction and application-based learning in the program include training in basic cosmetology services such as shampooing, scalp and hair analysis/treatment, hair cutting and trimming, removal and trim of facial hair and thermal, wet, and dry styling. Students will be required to purchase supply kits. Students must provide their own transportation to the programs. Students will have to continue into the adult programs to complete their Washington licensure requirements. In this program you will:
- Express individual creativity using the latest technology, trends, and name-brand products
- Use modern techniques to provide hair, nail, and skincare services in an actual salon setting
- Explore quality salon services and management alongside industry professionals
- Visit the Tri-Tech website for details on uniform and kit pricing.
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- Barber, Esthetician
- Salon Owner
- Preparation for Washington State Cosmetology exam (additional adult program hours required)
Year-long course must be completed to be eligible for the English, Visual Art, or Lab Science credits.