Length: 1 or 2 years
Credit: .5 Technical English, 1.0 Fitness, 1.0 Lab Science, .5 Health
Location: Tri-Tech Skills Center
Description: Are you interested in physical therapy, sports medicine, or orthopedics? Are you good with people and have strong communication skills? Physical Therapy Aides play a critical role in the delivery of therapy services in a variety of settings. Internships available for qualified students. In this program you will:
- Learn innovative orthopedic, neurological, and pediatric rehabilitation techniques.
- Learn pain management theory
- Learn to prepare and maintain therapy equipment
- Learn anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and disease processes.
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Orthopedic Physician
- Surgical Implant Specialist
- Basic Life Support/First Aid
- 7 Hour HIV/AIDS
- Kinesiotaping Certification
College credits available: 23 credits
Year-long course must be completed to be eligible for the Technical English, Health, or Science credit.