Length: 1 year
Credit: .5 Technical English, .5 English, .5 Health, 1.0 Lab Science, .5 Occupational Elective
Location: Tri-Tech Skills Center
Description: Are you compassionate, patient and caring? You might have what it takes for a challenging career in the healthcare industry. This program will prepare you to take the Washington State Nursing Assistant certification which can be the starting point for your career in healthcare. Clinical rotations will take place throughout the area, and you are responsible for your own transportation to these sites. A successful DSHS criminal background screening is required. Seniors will be given priority. In this program you will:
- Learn nurse aide theory, procedures, and skills
- Learn medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and disease processes.
- Learn the importance of medical ethics, confidentiality/HIPAA, and communication.
- Learn direct patient care focusing on infection control and patient safety.
- Nursing Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physician’s Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Food Worker’s card
- 7-hour HIV/AIDS certification
- BLS/First Aid
Must be able to provide own transportation to clinical sites.
College credits available: 13 credits
Year-long course must be completed to be eligible for the English, Technical English, Health, or Science credit.